The Fw 190 became the backbone of the Jagdwaffe (Fighter Force,) along with the Bf 109. Powered by a radial engine, the 190 had ample power and was able to lift larger loads than its well-known counterpart, the Messerschmitt Bf 109. The 190 was used by the Luftwaffe in a wide variety of roles, including day fighter, fighter-bomber, ground-attack aircraft also operating to a lesser degree as a night fighter.
Many of the German aces preferred the FW-190 over the Bf-109 due to it's superior mid/low level performance and its greater firepower.
The primary users of the FW-190 were:
Hungarian Air Force
Turkish Air Force
Romanian Air Force
The Rules and Regs
1) All Versions of the Fw 190 are allowed including Ta-152
2) no starting before the campaign and the model should be done at the end of the campaign.
3) You need to include at least 1 photo of your planned build before you start, showing your intended markings, your kit and any aftermarket items you intend to use.
4) Build logs and lots of posting are encouraged.
5) Stand alone or Dio's allowed.
6) Work in Progress Pics must be posted in the Official Campaign thread...
7) At least 2 Clear Pictures of the finished model must be posted in the Official Campaign Gallery to be awarded the Campaign Ribbon
8) 1/144-1/24 scale, should give everyone plenty of kits to choose from
9) and last but not least Have Fun!
One ribbon will be awarded for a finished build within the time frame, (only one ribbon per person).