Four seems to have been a significant number in the designation of machines we love to model. Whether the US Navy F4s (F4B, F4F, F4U, F4D, F4H, etc.), the US Air Force versions (P-40, P-47, P-400, F-84, F-94, F-104, F-4, etc.) and lots of other militaries as well (Bf 109E-4, Fw 190A-4, Mosquito B.IV, Hurricane Mk. IV, etc.). Armor makes it into the mix as well (M4, M47, M48, Panzer IV, T-34, etc.) and civilian (747, etc.) A Sign of the Four Campaign will be varied and interesting, so long as every subject has a 4 in the official designation, itís eligible. Elementary!
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be a vehicle with the number 4 somewhere in its official designation.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale and any nationality that fits into rule 1, civilian or military is OK.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 30% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!