The Jolly Rogers. The name fairly shouts US Naval fighter aviation. From its formation as VF-17, the first Navy squadron to take the F4U Corsair into combat, through its present day incarnation as VFA-103 flying the F/A-18F Hornet, the Jolly Rogers has been a constant presence in the front line of Navy air. This campaign celebrates that lineage. Squadrons that have carried the Jolly Rogers name and skull and crossbones insignia include:
They’ve flown the cream of Navy front line fighters:
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an aircraft of a Jolly Rogers squadron; in the colors and markings of the time that squadron carried the name Jolly Rogers. Preferably with the Skull and Crossbones on the plane.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale of aircraft that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Model cannot be one used in another campaign.
9. Oh yeah, have fun!
Those completing the campaign will be awarded a fine ribbon to display on their profile page.